You have a full time job, a busy social life, a boyfriend/fiancé/husband and somewhere in there you just gotta have a bit of me time. How do you fit it all in? It's a juggle and life is busy.
Then suddenly you pop out some kids.
Suddenly the word 'busy' just doesn't seem to cut it. You become the Queen of Multi-tasking and that thing called 'me time'? Well that just doesn't exist anymore. If you manage to go to the toilet without someone tugging on your leg or asking for some milk it's a miracle, and forget about eating. If your kids let you sit down for five minutes to stuff some food in your face they will inevitably eye it off and then suddenly have a craving for whatever it is you are chowing down on, then there will be tears and screaming...and lo and behold you have lost your food.
I'm not complaining. That's just part of being a Mum. Seriously, it's all good.
So, how on earth do you manage when you throw blogging into the mix? Good question. Trust me, blogging with four kids is a challenge. But it is, amazingly, achievable, it just takes a little more organisation...and the ability to not worry about the chaos that is exploding in every direction around you.
...the toys, that have been thrown around the room, plus the doona that has once again been dragged out of the bedroom.... ignore it.
The bed that you got out of this morning.... it will be just as comfortable to crawl into tonight despite the fact that you don't get round to making it.
Things like a messy pantry..hey...you can just shut the door on this one.
And the inside of my fridge? Let's not even go there.
These two...however...are a little harder to ignore....
....but you can always just turn a blind eye and clean up whatever they have destroyed later.
And if you get the opportunity, just let sleeping babies lie....
So my tips for blogging when you are a mum.....
- Have a diary and use it. If possible, at the start of the week, write down what you would like to get done and on which days. This includes when you are going to write posts, when you are going to update your social media, when to handle the business side of things, and if you are like me, setting aside time to read other blogs! Don't panic if you don't manage to stick to it.
- It helps to take all your photos for the week on the one day, that way you can spend the day devoted to taking and editing photos for your planned posts...that is if the kids let you....and you are not having to whip out the camera each day, set up shots etc, which can be time consuming.
- Relax about the messy house. It's not the end of the world. Have an official time where you stop working each day and then devote an hour (or more) to running about and doing the tidy up. For me this is somewhere between 4 and 5pm.
- Also use your diary to work in other errands around your blogging; such as food shopping, washing, taking kids to kinder etc.
- Have a day off! (and this one is really important) I go and ride my horse, help my husband with the sheep, spend some time with family, and importantly I don't switch on my computer!!
What are your tips for blogging as a mum?